Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd – Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
What information do you collect?
When applying for a position at Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd, we collect a range of information about you including:
- your name, address and contact details
- details of your qualifications, experience and employment
- information about your current level of salary
- whether or not you have a disability
- your entitlement to work in the UK
Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd, may collect this information in a number of ways;
- application forms
- identity documents
- through interviews/assessments
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as recruitment agencies or references.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record and on our IT systems.
Why does Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd process my personal data?
We need to process data to assess your suitability for the vacancy – prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to offer a contract of employment to you.
We have legal grounds of legitimate interest to process candidates that have applied for employment with us.
Who has access to my data?
Your information is confidential but may be shared internally for the purpose of the recruitment. Members of the team that may have access to your data include the senior management, IT, accounts and the department recruiting for the vacancy.
We will not pass on or share your data with third parties, unless to obtain references.
If an application is unsuccessful, we may keep your data on file for further opportunities but we will seek your written consent prior to storing your data. Data will be destroyed after the recruiting process if we do not wish to take your application any further.
What are my rights?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd to delete or stop processing your data
- Complain to the Information Commissioners office if you believe the data has not been processed lawfully
What happens if I do not agree to Evans Textiles (Sales) Ltd processing my personal data?
We will cease to continue your application and destroy any personal data we have.
Last updated 24/05/2018